Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wednesday, April 11th, 2007 - Catch Up

Dear Bloggy,

Oh, how I do like Week 2s!!! I feel so much better during Week 2 than Week 1 and feel I don't have to be constantly on guard for side affects :) Anywho, this Week 2 I'm making up for not being able to do much during Week 1. I do appear to be booked every night this week, which just goes to show my energy level is doing really well :) Dr. Gill had told me that whenever I felt up to it, I should be out and about. The more I can do on the "good days", the better because the activity alone helps with the healing... so I'm certainly living up to this on Week 2 (grin).

Yesterday, I think I mentioned I went into work to 1) pay a visit and 2) pick up the ink cartridges I had bought the last time I was visiting, but forgot them at the office! Not that they've done me any good. Grrrrrrrr! $75 in ink cartridges and I STILL can't get the $)#(*@ printer to print!!

Hahaha... now this cracks me up! I had every intention of taking pictures of all my co-workers yesterday. Well, at least the ones that were in the office when I was there. Somehow I managed to get a picture of Dave and Charmaine... sort of (grin), and forgot to take anymore!! How's that for a faulty memory??? (grin) So here you have Dave, with Charmaine hiding behind the wall. No, she is not that short... she's hiding from the camera and was not being cooperative!!

Yesterday I managed to get in 3 1/2 miles of walking. Some with Bridget, some by myself, like when I was coming home from the office visit. Then, last night, Mimi, Nathan, Robyn, Graie and I walked up Davie to go to Moxie's Classic Grille for dinner. We had a great evening! It's been a long time since all 5 of us have been able to get together, so we had lots of good laughs. Unfortunately, although I had my camera with me at the time, I forgot to get a picture of all of us! Arrrgh! Chemo Brain!!

Today, Bridget and I got another 3 miles of walking in over the course of the day. I hope to be able to keep this up on the good days. Well, it also helps that it's mild out and not raining! Not sure I will be doing 3 miles or more of walking on a cold, wet day ;)

Well, just our rotten luck! If you recall, last week Bridget got her grooming and oh my but doesn't she look sharp? Well, this afternoon we were coming home from our afternoon walkies.

We were literally about 10 feet from the carport door and this huge seagull, the size of a bald eagle, flew overhead and "SPLAT", poo'd on Bridget's back!! Of all the places for this seagull to poo, it had to land on Bridget's back??? The shame! The horror!! Look at this poor poo'd on darling!! So we had to have a little bath before I had to leave.

Tonight, Peggy and I FINALLY got together! We have been planning this for so long but what with her moving and my hit and miss good days, it has been hard to schedule. But get together we did! We went to Earl's on Lougheed Hwy. for dinner... what a neat restaurant that particular one is. We yakked and yakked and yakked... and laughed and laughed and laughed!

Uh... Peggy, if you are reading this... don't quit the day job and take up photography! HAHAHAHA! This is the picture Peggy tried taking of the two of us at the restaurant! Not one of either of our best shots!

The couple at the booth behind us took pity and he offered to take a picture which worked out much better (grin).

Now is it just my warped sense of humour or is that not hilarious that we had this huge bronze pig looking over our shoulder while we were eating dinner??? (grin) We just had to have a picture of us and Ms. Piggy becaus it's not every day we partake of the evening meal with a pig!! Hahahaha!!

And who was this lovely couple that saved us from Peggy's photographic talents? Well, here they are...Aren't they an adorable couple?? Of course, I must take their picture... I always take pictures when I remember!! Then I, of course, got her email address so that I can send her the picture once I got home! So now we have two new friends :)

From the restaurant, Peggy and I decided we'd do a quick trip to this Casino that was only 5 minutes away (grin). Why me??? I have no money!! But off we went. Well, lo and behold if I didn't do ok!! I actually left up $265. I was actually up more, but (sigh) I put a bunch back in the slots. At least I did leave with more money than I came with. Poor Peg ended up losing, so that's no fun. We'll just have to do it again sometime :)

That's about it for today. It is going on 1am, so I really must get to bed, otherwise I really will make myself sick if I don't get enough sleep. So everyone have a great Thursday! I'll check in later.



PS: Ashly... you left a comment the other day but I haven't been able to send you an email because I don't have your email address. If you want, you can send it to me at :)


Chet said...

Funny that you should wind up in a resturant with a pig. Just for kicks google chester white. (G)
also it seems to me you were at some other casino recently and cleaned up to the tune of 600 loonies or so. Maybe the chemo brain makes you lucky ? ;)Funny that you should wind up in a restaurant with a pig. Just for kicks google Chester white. (G)
also it seems to me you were at some other casino recently and cleaned up to the tune of 600 loonies or so. Maybe the chemo brain makes you lucky ? ;)

Kathy said...

Wow! TWO winning casino trips! I'm impressed! I'm in awe f your boundless energy - way to go, Cheryl! I love your upbeat attitude!


Anonymous said...

Ohhhh poor Bridget, bad sea gull!

Hugs, Maryann W.

Bonnie said...

I think chemo must be good for your luck - my goodness, you've been winning big lately!! Glad you're doing so well - loved the pics with the pig!