Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 -- Unplugged

Hiya Bloggy,

Well, we made it! This afternoon was the end of the 5FU chemo drug, so it meant going into the Cancer Agency this afternoon and having the pump unplugged. I was feeling pretty darn good about this session... I made it through with very mild side affects. A wee big of queasiness and that darn headache, but that's about it. But then Nurse Kati, who took off my pump said that now I'll probably start feeling the side affects of the chemo. Her reasoning was that now that this session's chemo is finished, I also am finished my anti-side affects drugs. Those I only take during the actual time I'm getting chemo.

I guess that is what people mean when they say the first 2 days are ok, but they don't really feel anything until the 3rd and 4th day. We shall see... I'm always so different, that trust me not to follow the norm :) In this case, I hope I don't follow the norm!! Hahahaha!

Oh, but there was one thing that was a little concerning. My Blood Pressure was up high today (170/96). I mentioned this to Nurse Kati and she was very surprised. She said that normally, Blood Pressure DROPS when on chemo, so this is not the norm (what did I say about me never being the norm??). She wants me to watch it for the next day or two and see if it goes down now that I'm not on the meds. She feels it will go down and that we don't necessarily want me on more BP meds because as time goes on and my white blood cells drop, so will my blood pressure as I get weaker. And, if truth be known, the less meds I'm on, the happier I'll be.

Oh well, we shall just have to keep an eye on things and see how they go!

Tonight, I get to go to bed without the pump! So sleep should come quite easily :)

Nighty nite!

Cheryl

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you did so well ... and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next couple of days continue to be the same for ya! Bummer about the BP, but perhaps it was just a fluke.