Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - Day 2 of 1st Chemo

Hiya Bloggy!

Well, here we are at Day 2 and all is going well. After writing last night's blog, I did end up getting a few side affects that I hadn't had before writing the entry. I got somewhat queasy, although not sick to my stomach. I lay down for about 10 minutes and it passed... and yes, I forgot about some medicinal plant products I have been given in case the traditional anti-nausea meds don't work. Totally forgot about them :)

And oh my...that headache just wouldn't let up so I tried to hold off, but finally submitted and took an Oxycodone (may have mentioned that last night)... and that worked great. Got rid of the headache. So, I will be talking to Dr. Gill when I go to see her next week and explain that the Tylenol 3s with codeine aren't the ticket, I will need some Oxycodone for when the headaches appear.

Other than that.. nothing worth complaining about. It's true, I didn't get to sleep until 2:30am and then woke up at 6am. So, this could be anti-nausea drug induced insomnia, then again, I have always been a night owl and love the mornings too so my body doesn't know if it wants to go to bed early or get up late or do the opposite (grin). Either way... it now makes sense why you just go with the flow and sleep when you can and find things to do when you can't (of which I have oodles of hobbies to keep me busy).

Today, it was bloody cold and windy outside!! Sunny, yes, but cold and windy!! I hate to think if this wind has done more damage to Stanley Park... the park is devastated as it is from past wind storms!! Anywho, I did take the little diva out for her morning walkies and yes, with the cold wind I noticed my face getting tingly. I was told if this happens, get OUT of the cold and wind... so we went home. The good sign, my feet and fingers were fine!! So maybe the only part of this side affect I'm going to feel is the throat and face that will be sensitive to cold.

This afternoon, it was still windy and cold... it just didn't let up! So Graie came downstairs and took Bridget out for her afternoon walkies. Tonight, the wind had stopped, so no problem... her and I could go out and do our late night evening walkies. When we got in, she demanded her evening treat, which she usually doesn't get until we go to bed. That's when she gets her cauliflower floret. Well, I'm not ready for bed yet (grin) so I gave her a baby carrot so she's happy. Demanding little diva that she is... I wonder who she picked that up from???

Speaking of the little diva. She is in such dire need of a haircut!! I'm roaring here but it was time to get off my butt and set her up with an appt. Unfortunately, everyone else is thinking the same thing, so the soonest appt. I could get was April 11th... then she will be a little darling again. Right now, she is an orphan terrier!

Hey, that's great that a bunch of you added comments!! Hahaha... that's one of the fun things of an online blog. I can babble away and then you all can add your comments. So don't be shy.. feel free to add your comments and babbling. I love it!

Well, there are dishes waiting in the sink for me to wash and then I want to start scanning some pictures for a project I'm thinking of working on. Nothing like starting at 11pm at night, is there? (grin)

Ciao for now!



Bonnie said...

Glad day 2 went so well Cheryl! Keep on keeping on, right?

Kathy said...

Day 2 was wonderful! You're doing great! The picture of Bridget is priceless! What a scruffy terrier :)

Hugs, Cheryl! I'm so proud of you and your high spirits!