Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday, February 25, 2007 - Oscar Sunday

Dear Oscar,

What a perfect day for Oscar Sunday! It looked like the sun was going to come out this morning, so Bridget and I managed to get in a 1 1/2 mile walkie, but just as we got home, the clouds came back. It's now a couple of hours later and surprise, surprise, it's raining :D But that's ok... today is definitely a lazy Sunday kind of day! Perfect day for watching the hours of pre-Oscar shows. STAR! (channel 88) started the "Countdown to the Oscars!" at 9am, so today is definitely the Super Bowl of Hollywood :) I'm not being too productive today and really was going to work on the theatre's newsletter which has to go out on March 1st... but instead, I'm doing not much of anything. Soon, I'll have to get dressed and take Bridget out in the rain for her afternoon walkie, then I'll be heading over to Steve and Don's for the red carpet and full Oscars :)

Hmmm... interesting... it's only 2:14pm here on the West Coast and they have overhead pictures of the red carpet from the Good Year Blimp and there are actually people going down the red carpet. No stars yet, so one has to wonder... who are these people and why are they walking down the red carpet at 2:00 in the afternoon??? That would be soooo weird, to have to dress up in your Oscar formal gowns/suits/makeup, only to be going to the theatre at 2:00pm!! Hehehe... I swear I should start up a blog on discussing why anyone would be so involved in the Hollywood scene that they get dressed up to be seen at 2pm in their evening finery ;)

Anywho.. today, the Tylenol #3s seem to be working. I'm not sure if it's the dose of tylenol or the actual codiene, but it doesn't hurt the upper chest muscles to breathe today (grin). And, I can raise my right arm higher than waist level now! Still a little hard to reach to the shelves above the sink, but at least I can do it, whereas on Friday I couldn't even lift my arm to the sink.




Here is a picture of Patti's site... Patti the PortaCath is actually right under that bit of a hump you see. The area, today, is starting to bruise and turn that funny yellow, meanwhile, my right boob (no, I am not going to put a picture of that!!) is turning purple! Why it has affected my right boob is beyond me, the line doesn't go into my boob!!! (grin)


Well, that's about it for now. I can't report on the Oscars yet because they haven't happened, but I thought I should write a little in the old blog because I may not get back to it tonight. If I do, well, I'll just add to this entry :) Meanwhile, it's now after 3pm (where did I go??) so I'd best get dressed and convince Bridget she really does want to go for a walk in the rain :)

Cheryl

No comments: