Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday, January 2, 2009 - A New Year!!

Happy New Year, Bloggy!!

Here we are, the second day of 2009 and I'm full of hope that this is going to be a great year! Oh sure, we have the economy to be concerned about and the wars still going on, starvation in third world countries and the auto industry about to go kaputs... so one has to question why I have so much hope when things aren't looking too rosy around me. But I do... and I am hoping for all sorts of good things... for myself and those around me!

I'm still annoyed with the Royal Columbian Hospital's lack of communication within their departments, but I also believe there's a reason for everything, even if it doesn't seem quite so apparent at the time. Because the procedure was canceled, I actually got to celebrate the New Year with friends. Now, I had planned on doing that anyways, but in hindsight, I wonder if I really would have been able to party within 24 hours of having the procedure done? Hard to know since it didn't happen... but I certainly had a fabulous time on New Year's Eve!

Here are pictures from the party and I think it goes without saying we all had a great time!! :)

What's a New Year's Eve celebration without a pretty drink??? :)

And a pretty girl drinking a pretty drink?? :) This is Carmen who is soooo much fun!

Here I am with Sanjay, Carmen's husband... and Naveen's cousin.

Here's Carmen and Sanjay... isn't everyone looking just so darn happy? New years do that to people :)

And here is Naveen and I. Naveen made a fabulous meal for everyone... very impressive!

Emily, Naveen's daughter and one of my favourite gals, and myself. It was a night full of hugs!

Alan, Jill and Neera. Alan, Jill and I all work down at Theatre Under the Stars, and Neera is Naveen's sister, who is out visiting but lives in Ottawa.

Menasha, Sanjay's sister and Emily, Naveen's daughter.

Chef Naveen... caught in the act!! What act, I'm not sure, but I caught him in it :D

Let's see... from left to right, Jill, Sanjay, Naveen and Papa Nikhanj, Sanjay and Menasha's father.

Emily, Carmen and Connor (Naveen's son). Can you tell most of the pictures are taken in the kitchen... a kitchen party starts early in the night!

Neera and her mom, Mama Kapahi :)

Moi, Mama Kapahi and Papa Nikhanj

Dancing... everyone was dancing! Crazy, kooky, wonderful family all dancing :)

... more dancing!!

After the dancing, a competitive game of Taboo! Even Nitro, Sanjay and Carmen's dog was in on this... he was intrigued with the game's buzzer ;)

Sanjay and Menasha... a funny moment during the word game :)

It's now around 3am and we all have wound down... and are just listening to music and singing along.

It was a great night, fun party and the New Year started out with more snow!! Yes, it was snowing, snowing, snowing the first few hours of 2009 :)

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy New Year Cheryl! Looks like a fabulous evening, I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Love all the pics, they mean even more to me know that I've met a few of those people!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year's back at you. Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Maryann

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too!!! You did better than I did, I was in bed sound asleep by 12:30! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Praying for you always.
Lots of love - Bobidee

Anonymous said...

What a great time you had. Very, very beautiful looking friends. Very elegant and exotic looking.
I'm so glad you had a great time....the motto is "2009 is the year to feel mighty fine!!!" Just remember that!

xoxo Sheryl with an S