Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday, June 7th, 2008 -- Food Poisoning!

Dear Bloggy,

This is going to be a very short post just to let everyone know I'm still around and haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I've been meaning (as usual) to update Bloggy, but have been busy with offline activities. Things down at the Park are starting to get busy since it's only about a month from now and we open both shows!! WOW!!

But alas, I was going to do an update to the blog all about that, and the frustration with the one admin support person I was dealing with. But then, last night I came down with the most vicious bout of food poisoning. I had met two gal pals, Lynda Boyd and Teryl Rothery for lunch yesterday and I had the Shrimp/Scallop Fettucini Alfredo. It was DELICIOUS!! But obviously there was something off, either with the shrimp, the scallops or maybe the sauce itself... but did I ever suffer last night!

It's going to take me some time to get over this horrible feeling, where at 3am death seemed like a pretty good option!

I am much better today, as is the way with food poisoning. I'm just left very weak, so I am taking it super easy today. Bridget and I are just lounging around in bed and napping when we can. I have to admit, I have attempted two loads of long overdue laundry... but I may have to get help from the neighbours to bring it back up to the apartment. Toby has just headed out to Safeway to do a little shopping for herself, so she is going to pick me up a few things.

I should be 100% recovered by tomorrow... and it will be a long while before I probably eat shrimp/scallops in a sauce again ;)

Meanwhile... I do have the pre-admission appt. at the hospital next Wednesday. Still not set date for the surgery but it is going to be in July. From what I gather, as long as it can be done laprascopically, it is going to be much easier than even I had already thought it would be. The expected time in the hospital is only 2 days... even I had thought it would be longer than that... but let's hope that expectation is correct!! :D

Ok... back I go to lay down and watch a movie with my sleepy schnauzer :D

Cheryl

No comments: