Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 -- I'm baaaack!

Hiya Bloggy,

Well, it's been a couple of days since I've written an entry and, voila! I have solved my problem about uploading pictures!! Yippeeee!! I have picked up one of those little memory card disk readers (the one I have can read 15 different cards, one of them being the itty bitty san disk memory cards that I have for my camera. Sooooo... sit back because there are a ton of pictures that I have. I'm not sure I'll be able to upload all of the ones I've taken so far, but I will upload a bunch :)

Let's start with the little diva who is not here in Hawaii, but is back at home, staying with Stephanie and Tony in Tsawwassen. Yes, it is good to see that she is living in the spoilt lifestyle that she has become accustomed to at home. From the sounds of things, she has Stephanie at her beck and call!! LOL!! Because their dog, Reagan, loves to play with balls, Bridget now insists that she loves to play with balls... as long as someone (Stephanie) is there to throw them for her... which in turn drives Reagan crazy!! But, when it's bed time, then Bridget loves to snuggle in her blankie. Check out these two pictures that Tony took of her:







Isn't she just the cutest??? Ok... moving on... let's go across the Pacific Ocean to the islands of Hawaii. I happen to be on the island of O'hau! Yes, this is the island that Waikiki is on and Waikiki is where my friends and I make our home during the month of January. Now, I'm not sure where to start with the pictures! Hmmmm... let's see...

Here's Peggy, one of my bestest friends. She is in the stretch limo that we (7 of us) took to get to Bob's house which is on the backside of Diamond Head. We were on our way there to celebrate Sheila's birthday (her birthday is the day before mine):



Hehehe... now the party gets rolling and as the night goes on, well, we all get a little crazy! This picture is of me and Sheila... we are celebrating Sheila's birthday which is the day before mine...



And this is a picture of Doug and I. Doug and Marilyn are married and live in Shawnigan Lake on Vancouver Island. Just before Christmas, I went over to Vancouver Island to attend a work meeting/lunch and I stayed at Doug and Marilyn's in their gorgeous house right on the lake. Now, here we all are in Hawaii :)



Hmmm... here's a picture of Peg and Marilyn (Doug's wife)...



And then there's me with two of my favourite guys, Doug and Ron (Doug on the left and Ron on the right)...



As the night went on, well, I'm not sure I can explain this. There must be a simple explanation for it but hmmmm... give me a few minutes and I'm sure I can come up with one (grin):




(AHEM!) Ok... let's move on. Remember in the last blog entry I mentioned about being a little bit leery about going on the catamaran? I was just not sure of my footing or balance and whether I could do it or not. Even with all the guys in our gang and the guys who sail the catamaran, I just wasn't sure if I would be able to do it. The "stairs" up from the water to the boat are a combination of "stairs" and "ladder". The stairs themselves are not bad, but the boat is moving the whole time because of the waves that come into the shore. Which is another problem... the waves cover the first 2 or 3 stairs when they come into shore, so if you are on those stairs at that time, AND you don't have good balance, they could push you off. So I was just not sure if I could overcome all of this. But, surprise, surprise... I DID IT!! I am soooo pleased with myself for having accomplished this. Sailing on the catamaran has been something I've done every year... so to not be able to do it was just another example of what I'm limited in doing. But, I DID manage to get up by myself even though Bob was in front of me and Doug behind me should I need help. Likewise, when I got off, the catamaran guys were there to help, with my guys behind me. So here are a few pictures I took while on the catamaran...



This has got to be a familiar picture... the Waikiki shoreline taken as the catamaran is sailing out over the reef. We didn't see any dolphins or whales on this sail, but they are everywhere in the vicinity because they are heading towards Maui... before they turn around and head to Alaska in the summer.



Ok... here's the gang on the catamaran. Gee... I probably will miss someone but let's see... in the foreground, Chris in the red had (Peggy's husband), Doug looking at me with a drink in his hand, Peggy is standing up, over on the other side is Darlene and Nancy, up against the window is Walter and Marilyn.



This is a cute picture. We have little Lexi who is Bob's (in black tank shirt) grandaughter. Sheila (blonde) is owner of the catamaran with Walter (from Winnipeg) all paying attention to little Lexi. She is one well-behaved toddler! No matter where we went or what we were doing, she never ever made a fuss or got cranky!



Ok, here's a better picture of little Lexi. She decided that I was OK in her books and my cane was definitely intriguing. She took very good care of my cane when I didn't need it and when I did, she was right there, willing to hand it over to Auntie Cheryl.



After the catamaran ride, we trekked through the sand (hey, sand trekking in the sun is hard work!!) to the Moana Surfrider Hotel and placed ourselves under the Banyan Tree for some refreshment. It's just, we never did know when to leave.



As you can see... fruity Rum Runners were easy to get. I, myself, was being extremely good and sticking to the "virgin" drinks, being that I am still on medication and who knows how Rum Runners and meds react ;)



Here is a lovely picture of Colleen and Peggy. I really like this picture. Ok, ok, so Colleen has just joined us and Peggy has had a couple of Rum Runners by this time, but hey, who's counting??? :)



Hey... well, don't Shirley and Vladi look like they are having fun?? This is their first year with us (what a rude awakening for them!!) They are Doug and Marilyn's neighbours at Shawnigan Lake over on Vancouver Island and we are glad they could join us this year!

Ok, Peggy is going to kill me but I just had to add this picture...



Hahahaha... she is praying that she doesn't come across as too drunk when she meets up with her husband for dinner. Hehehe... we DID finally leave the Yum Yum Tree and walked next door to the Outrigger Waikiki to go to Chuck's Steakhouse for dinner. It must have been about 8pm by this time and we realized that some were starting to get hungry ;)

So, off to Chuck's we went and when we got there, the place was hoppin'!! Not only that, but Bob (different Bob) was working at the bar. Now, you all really have to see Bob work... he is amazing and totally puts Tom Cruise to shame in that movie he was in acting as a bartender. Bob is so quick, he will make you busy just watching him work!

Since we had to wait for a bit for dinner, we waited in the bar. Doug and I were at one end, then there was a fellow, Patrick, between me and the rest of them. Well... Patrick was a darn interesting fellow... he is a pilot for UPS and he flies all over the world - Shanghai, Dubai, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Korea, China, Europe, Australia, etc. Really interesting guy, so we exchanged email addresses... the one city he has not been to is Vancouver, so, you never know... he may get Vancouver one of these days!

Hehehe... well, after dinner, Doug, Marilyn and I walked back to my hotel with Shirley and Vladi. Shirley and Vladi went off to their own hotel... Doug and Marilyn dropped me off at my hotel and the two of them went to their place just around the corner from my hotel.

Yesterday we all went to the Military Beach behind the Hale Koa hotel. Needless to say we were all much quieter than the day before. And oy vey, but I actually got too much sun!! I have burnt the top of both of my feet, not to mention the rest of me!! Today I stayed under the umbrella in the shade the whole afternoon. I was really tired after realizing the walk to/from the military beach is just too much for me to handle right now. It was fine two years ago, but alas... I'm not able to right now. So on Thursday when we go, I will take the bus.

But, right now, it is just after 11pm and my eyes are drooping, so it's off to bed for me.

Alooooooha!!

Cheryl

No comments: