Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Tuesday, February 6, 2007 - Catch Up

Dear Journal,

I swear, I'm going to have to come up with a nickname for this journal, so that I'm not always addressing it as "Dear Journal". Hmmm... anyone have any good ideas, leave a comment here :) Whimsical is great... I figure, since I named all my body parts prior to going into the hospital, the journal should have a name too :)

Anywho... let's see what I have to report this morning...

For some reason I woke up, wide awake and ready to start the day at 4:30am!! What the heck is wrong with this picture?? So, I actually was very productive and got two loads of laundry done before 7:00am (grin). I then puttered about the apartment for the rest of the morning.

Then, it was off to Dr. Fay to get the remainder of the staples taken out of my incision. I am now STAPLE-FREE!! Considering the staples normally would only be in for about 2 weeks after surgery, I was glad to get them out since it's been 4 1/2 weeks that they've been in.

And wouldn't you know it? In the last week I have developed a staph infection in the part of the incision that has broken down and is taking it's own sweet time to heal. So now, I am on an antibiotic (Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim 800mg/160mg) which is a combination of two antibiotics. One of them is a sulfate which so far (knock on wood) I'm not having any allergic reaction to. Apparently it is common for people to react to the sulfates. Of course, being that it is taking this part of the incision so long to heal, a staph infection is not unexpected.

After work, my four friends (Anne, Janice, Lynn and Erlene) came over, loaded down with the makings of dinner! We had a wonderful dinner of Halibut, organic new potatoes, green beans and carrots... followed by a lovely pavlova for dessert. It is always great when you can have a girls night of chatting, catching up with what is going on in each others' lives, etc. I had a wonderful time!

After they had left, I had planned on unwinding at the computer... doing up a blog entry or catching up on some email. But after taking the dog outside, I realized I was really, really tired. It's interesting how I'm doing so well, no signs of fatigue, and then it just hits me. So I figured I'd crawl into my comfy bed, watch tv in the bedroom as well, have the laptop and do some email from bed. Hahaha... I lasted all of 10 minutes and then I was out for the night (grin).

Today is going to be a slow day... I'm going to go to the grocery store at some point to pick up some milk and some edamame beans for CB (my bird). But that's about it. After work, Keith (Farkle) is going to pop over for a visit, so I'm looking forward to that!

Okey dokey... time to throw some clothes on and convince Bridget she really does want to go outside to do her business!



Kathy said...

Call the blog "Jungle Gym" or "Jim" for short :)

Hugs, Cheryl! Get rid of the infection quickly!


Melinda said...

How about caling the blog "Maude"? Mrs. Maude Ferris-Luse (neƩ Davis) born on January 21, 1887 in Morley, Michigan, now at age 114 is currently the world's oldest living person whose date-of-birth can be fully authenticated. Hehehe, as you intend to live a looooong life, I thought naming your blog in honour of Maude might be appropriate!

Elf DebC/KC said...

I've always liked the name Fred....LOL no reason why. Both my unborn babies were Fred until they popped out. Sounds better then Dear John......:D

Anonymous said...

Call it "Vern", Hi Cheryl greetings from a old friend in Vernon. I've been thinking of lots lately and glad to hear your doing so well. Hugs Helena