Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday, Sept 6, 2009 - Procrastination

Hey Blog-mates!!

Is anyone still out there?? Hahaha... I wouldn't be surprised if you all have deserted this blog! I don't know what it is... I really and truly do have good intentions of keeping it up to date and then I blink and poof... weeks have gone by! And the problem with that... the very same reasons that have prevented me from writing regular entries, end up piling up and then there's way too much to write about and impossible to include all in one blog entry!

So, let's see... what should I include? Well, to say I've been busy this summer is a bit of an understatement :) Yet, it's the strangest thing... no matter how busy I am, I always think that I'm mostly lazy and everyone else is much busier than I am. I don't know why I think that, but have thought that for as long as I can remember. Maybe it's because there are people out there in the world doing really important things... saving lives, finding cures for diseases, fighting great causes... and what am I doing that is so busy or important? It'sa dilemma!

Well, TUTS is over for another year. I haven't heard yet how we did, I think it's going to be nip and tuck if we made costs and then what is going to happen next year... well, I guess that bridge will get crossed when the time comes. Who knows what is happening with this recession. Personally, I don't think we are anywhere close to rebounding. I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better... especially under the current government we have in this province :/

I am still reeling over the roller coaster of the past 10 days or so and the outright lies and cheating this government is giving the public! Of course, I'm talking about the funding to the Arts, but it's bigger than that... it's the Gaming funding for charities that the government is slashing and burning to try and cover up their pre-election lies about the budget. We are talking them slashing funding that they have no right to slash or re-allocate elsewhere. The gaming monies were set up years ago. Here's a good explanation/summary of how/why this was done - http://snipr.com/rmfr9 -- and it was to make gaming legal, but where it would put the proceeds of gambling back into the communities. This money that is going to the Arts, to charities, to non-profit organizations, etc. is NOT tax money, coming out of the taxpayer's pockets, but money that was specifically set up for these community organizations. Now Campbell and cohorts want to take it away and are using the age old classic lie -- to give the money to poor, starving children who show up at school, hungry. Give me a break!! For those of you not familiar with what's going on here, here's a good summary that was done in the Province... the newspaper who normally loves to blame the underdog, but this time is actually speaking up against the government! Check it out here -- http://snipr.com/rmg34 .

Ok, I started this blog Friday night and it's now Sunday! Sheesh! I don't know why it takes me so long to get an entry done other than I keep telling myself "Don't forget to mention this" and "Don't forget to mention that" and before you know it, there's too much to mention and I can't remember it all.

So, I'm not going to even try. Suffice it to say... all is going well in the health department. TUTS is over for another year and even I have to admit maybe I took on more than I could chew... more so emotionally I think, than physically. I'm not going to go into it in detail here but suffice it to say, it's taken me the last two weeks to just rest up and even now, I don't feel totally rested.

Here we are at the long Labour Day weekend and I don't have the energy to go out and do anything. Hahaha.. I guess it's to my benefit that we are having a wet, rainy weekend here in Vancouver-land, which is kind of sad since we know the rains will be coming soon enough. It would have been kind of nice to send summer out with a bang!! Then again, the forecast for next week is for the sun to come back so we may have another kick at the can yet :)

Besides, I have soooo much organizing to do with the Publicity schedules for Metro Theatre's shows. The first one of the season, Up and Coming, opened last week. I was feeling pretty exhausted and emotionally spent with the closing of TUTS and only had one week between the closing of TUTS and the opening of Metro. Now, it's on to organizing the PR for the second show which opens Oct 3.

Meanwhile, this past week has been a little rough in that my darling diva, Ms. Bridget, came down with some kind of gastro-intestinal bug. We still don't know what it was and all the tests have been inconclusive. She stopped eating Tuesday night and only started again on Friday (phew!). I was so worried about that little monkey-head but she seems to be fine now.

Now, if I could just manage to get some energy together and get the friggin' laundry done!! LOL! I don't know why it is but the laundry just piles up rather than me get it done to the point where, whenever I get one load, just do it! Grrrrr!

Well, I'm going to send this off before I come up with some other excuse for not finishing it. Oh, but before I do, I must include a couple of pictures of the raccoons at the park this summer. These little bandits decided to go backstage and watch the show from the wings. This is NOT a safe thing for raccoons or cast... but they stayed out of the way and then eventually left the stage area :)









All three photos were taken backstage by a friend, Robin Richardson.

Ok... off I got to either do something productive... or not :)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, did you know that Canadian raccoons look just like Washington State raccoons? We had a nasty raccoon fight last night out back. I don't know what was in the bushes with them but it sure was loud! Scared our cat spit-less.

Sorry to hear about Bridget but I'm happy that she's healed whatever was upsetting her tummy.

Love, Susan S. (Issaquah)

Anonymous said...

Ihope this note finds Brigett feeling much better. I hate when little ones and pets get sick, they can't tell you where they hurt or feel bad.

You lazy, no way lady. I'm glad you are resting.

Positive thoughts heading your way everyday.

Hugs, Maryann