Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunday, April 20, 1008 -- Biopsy Eve

Hiya Bloggy,

I just want to thank everyone who has sent me positive thoughts and good wishes for tomorrow morning's biopsy. My friend, Doug K. will be picking me up at 9am (ok, picking up is pushing it... he will be driving his car out of his parking space and pulling it out front of mine, since we are just across the street from each other). We have to be at the Cancer Agency at 9:30am for a 10am procedure. I have to drink 500ml of water before I leave home and I'm sure they will get me to drink more once I'm there since the procedure is done with the guidance of a CAT Scan machine. The procedure itself, will only take 30-40 minutes. They will be giving me a local anesthetic and then inserting a fine needle into the adrenal growth to capture cells from it... and it will be these cells that will be sent off to the lab for analyzing. I'm not sure if that is the lab at the Cancer Agency or if they send them off to Vancouver General Hospital. It should take a week to get the results back, so I have an appt. with Dr. Gill (oncologist) in the afternoon on Monday, April 28th.

This is going to be one very long week for me, so I'm not proud... I have no problems asking all of you, my friends and family, to please think positive thoughts. Surround the right adrenal gland (small gland just above the right kidney) with warm, white light. Granted, once the cells have been harvested, one would think it's a done deal... they are what they are. But I firmly believe that thoughts can be so powerful they can change things even when it seems impossible. When it comes to thoughts, nothing is impossible. So anytime you think of me this week, even though the procedure will be over by 11am tomorrow, keep thinking those positive thoughts that the cells they have collected are benign.

I know all of your thoughts combined make for one heck of a powerful force. You were all there for me when we went through the surgery and they weren't sure I was going to be able to come out of the hospital... I know it was our combined positive energy that not only made that possible, but made it possible for me to get through the 8 months of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation with my humour still intact.

So let's do it again, gang! Let's prove that this little old (and I mean old, it's over 7 years old) adrenal growth is just a common benign growth. Once we have that taken care of, then getting through the lung surgery should be a piece of cake :)

Thanks, everyone!!

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

No comments: